Guardian Home Program
We believe that all dogs deserve to be a loved part of a family. We never want any of our breeders to live in a kennel atmosphere. As we grow our breeding program, we can not keep all of our dogs in our home as pets, therefore, we have decided to begin a Guardian Home Program! This is a double win for the guardian family, their FOREVER dog and for our breeding program.
As a guardian home, you get a Westfields Labradoodle pup as your family pet, while the breeding rights are retained by Westfields Labradoodles for a set amount of time. Once the guardian dog has completed his/her breeding career, he/she will be spayed/neutered at breeders expense, and will remain a forever part of your family.
Guardian families will be under a legal contract with Breeder until their guardian dogs breeding career is complete. Guardian homes will undergo an interview and screening before chosen. Please understand that an interview does NOT guarantee you a guardian Labradoodle.
Guardian home families are responsible for the general routine veterinary care, any emergency care and wellness of the guardian dog placed with them, just as you would be with any pet. This means feeding a high quality dog food approved by us (we prefer Diamond Naturals or Blue Buffalo, but are open to other holistic brands), basic grooming (non-professional is fine), flea/tick prevention when needed, socialization, regular exercise and most importantly, all the love and attention possible! Any “breeding related” medical costs for the guardian dog are the expense of the breeder- Westfields Labradoodles. The guardian dog will be health tested around 6- 12 months old as well as occasional health exams at the expense of Breeder.
Requirements of Guardian home:
-Live within 30 miles of Hagerstown, Maryland
- Own your own home.
- Allow me to visit your home
- Must have very secure physical fencing to provide a safe and secure environment for the guardian dog.
- All dogs and pups placed in guardian families must be indoor dogs, and never be left outside unattended for long periods of time.
- Guardian families must maintain pet insurance for their dog (approximately $25-$30/month)
- Guardian families must have reliable transportation, and a willingness to bring the guardian dog to breeder when needed throughout the year.
- Maintain open lines of communication with breeder concerning any and all matters
concerning the guardian dog.
- Must alert breeder of any changes in dog including but not limited to: coming into heat, any injuries, any changes in health or temperament.
-Take care of routine and emergency medical expenses (not associated with breeding).
- Have no other intact dogs in the household.
- Keep the Dog properly groomed, with care given to matting, ears and claws.
- Make certain that the dog is available for breeding purposes.
Benefits of being a Guardian Home:
- You get a "pick of the litter" puppy for a fraction of the cost ($500.00)
- You have a dog that is health tested at our expense
- I will take care of your dog at no expense if you need to go out of town (with prior notice).
- Our Guardian Families get to enjoy the excitement of being a part of our breeding program, and seeing the offspring of their very own Guardian dog be placed with families across the country, bringing others the same joy and happiness that they have received from their Guardian Dog!
We are always looking for wonderful guardian homes for our potential breeder puppies and occasionally for an older breeding adult. Contact us if you would like to be considered as a care family for one of our fabulous breeder pups!